Our workshop facilitators come to each creative engagement grounded in our guiding principles where the voice of persons with the lived experience of dementia is the focal point. These are some of the guiding principles that we have learnt from our creative collaborations:
- Be present, listen deeply, and bring an intention to connect with each collaborator
- Stay curious and playful, following where the collaboration leads.
- Respect the full personhood, or humanity, of all collaborators.
- Slow the pace and allow for silence.
- We are all learners. Be flexible and humble in your approach.
- Practice self reflection. Take care of yourself and take responsibility for your own biases, assumptions and actions.
- Elevate the voices of those living with the experience of dementia.
SOME INTERESTING WEBSITES
The following is a list (with links) of some projects and organizations that we have been inspired by:
Dementia Alliance International
DEEP: The UK network of Dementia Voices
bold: Bringing Out Leaders in Dementia
If you are looking for specific information related to dementia within Canada:
Alzheimer Society of British Columbia